Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Day in the life {5.10.2016}


Up and at em at 6:00 am!  I sat in bed for 15 minutes and check my email,
Facebook, and snapchat.  Then I headed to the kitchen and made coffee.  I usually use a tumbler since I will be taking it with me to the bus stop with the kids.


While I'm in the kitchen I filled up the kids water bottles for the day and made lunches.  Well, I make Amelia a lunch and Nolan a snack since he is only half day.  This was a super simple bento.  Amelia hasn't been too into sandwiches these days so this is my version of a lunchable.

After I packed lunches and snacks I packed the kids backpacks.  I make sure they have their assignments and anything else they need depending on what activities they have that day. 

Then around 6:45 I woke up the kids. I feed them breakfast. Today it was waffles and bananas.  I got them ready and we head out the door at 7:30 am to get to the bus stop.




Sometimes we walk to the bus stop,
takes about 10 min, but the summer heat is already upon us so we drove!



On Tuesdays I go to the grocery store.  I went there right after the bus left.  I'm one of those crazies that is there when the doors open.  I like being there early because there are less people and it's cooler out.  So by the time I'm done and I get home it's not scorching when I have to bring in all the grocery bags. 

After the grocery store I headed home.  I put all the groceries away immediately.  This afternoon Nolan and I had a play date with my friend and her son so I packed up some things for the afternoon.   


I picked up Nolan from school then we met up with our friends at an indoor parked called Mihama kids park.

We love going to this indoor park.  It gets so hot and humid in Okinawa that indoor parks are a must.  The prices are reasonable and you are able to pick how long you want to play. We opted for the 2 hour play time since it was already noon. Another convenience is that this kids park has a little cafe.  So us mamas got some iced coffee and we were able to order lunch for the boys. We had a great time there, it was a chance for the boys to play and us moms to chit chat. 


After a couple hours of playing the boys were good and sweaty.  But before we headed home we walked around the  corner to Blue Seal for "big dip day ", you get 2 extra scoops for the price of 1.

Around 3pm we headed home.  Nolan immediately knocked out in the car.  It was perfect timing because we were able to pick up Amelia at the bus stop right before we got home.

When we got home I put Nolan in his bed because he was still asleep.  I fixed Amelia an afternoon snack and we got started with her home work.  


Around 5pm I started prepping dinner.  It was Tuesday,  I generally keep it Mexican inspired on this day.  So I made shrimp
tacos, refried black beans, and a side of chips.  Not pictured was my margarita on the side lol.

Morgan works late on Tuesdays so we started eating dinner without him.

After dinner I put on Kung Fu Panda 3 (it's been on repeat in our house for the past month) for the kids while I clean up the kitchen.  

7 pm I started showers. Morgan got home around then too.  He was starving and immediately devoured dinner.  After showers we finished up the movie.  


8 pm the kids brush their teeth and its story time then bed time.  The kids are in bed and lights are out at 8:30 pm.



After that Morgan and I caught a couple shows and we were in bed by 10.  That was kind of a late night for us...we are such oldies! Lol


0 comments:

Post a Comment